Hello Hello Hello
Happy Belated Canada Day!
Yesterday was a pretty awesome day…the husband + the boys spent the day at the beach. It was just lovely! The water was still too cold for us to go swimming in – although I saw some kids who didn’t seem to mind the cold water – but the boys went in and had lots of fun just playing at the beach.
When we got home, we were all pretty exhausted. The husband and boys took an afternoon nap while I baked some delicious apple bread in the kitchen.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain natural yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples – peeled and cut into small squares
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking pans.
- In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients together – flours x2, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients together – egg whites, milk, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, slowly. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into pans and bake at 350F for 15 minutes and then at 330F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre of loaf comes out clean.
I am just getting the hang of the oven at my new home. I find 350F is a little too hot for my little bread loaves. As you can see in the picture, the change in temperature though worked great! The outside was nice and golden while the inside was perfectly moist!
Please let me know how you like this recipe. Do keep in mind that I added no sugar to this recipe. My aunt has made a batch and she added 1/4 cup sugar to her recipe. She says it is just perfect…plus my 7-year old cousin really enjoyed it! I hope you guys like it too!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!