So it is Tuesday today. I went the whole day thinking it was Monday. We had a long weekend and my brain got screwed up. It wasn’t until my sister texted me to tell me she wasn’t watching Dance Moms and to please e-mail her a summary of the episode that I realized it was Tuesday. I feel like I have missed a whole day!!!
So I did some baking! Because really, that’s what you do when you realize you’ve been living in the past…kinda…
I started wanting to make banana bread, but I wanted it to be healthy and nutritious. We have gotten a lot of snow and there’s just no time to make a full nutritious breakfast and still manage to leave at a decent time and arrive to work on time. So I started emptying out my cupboards…and mixing stuff together…finally I decided it would be more sensible to use my muffin tin because muffins are easier to eat on-the-go, plus there’s no cutting involved!
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter*
- 2 tbsp vanilla soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of pecans (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- pinch of salt
*I used Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter, I haven’t tried it with regular peanut butter, but I think the taste might still be the same.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare/grease muffin tin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add in milk, peanut butter, and butter a spoonful at a time. Make sure to whisk so everything gets incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- Add in quinoa flour and mix. Then add spelt flour slowly and mix well. Finally add oats and pecans.
- Scoop out batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I tried one and it was yummy! I will have one for breakfast tomorrow and hopefully it still tastes awesome! My mom will be taking half of them to share with a couple of her co-workers tomorrow. I’m crossing my fingers they’ll like them.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!