Today has been one of those rainy then humid then rainy then gloomy days that just make you want to stay indoors curled up in a blanket with a nice cup of tea.
There’s something about tea – you don’t enjoy it as much unless it is accompanied by a biscuit. So, I went on a mission to make soft, moist biscuits even though all I had was whole wheat flour.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp evoo
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Mix together in a medium sized bowl the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Then add in evoo & mix well.
3. In a separate small bowl (I did this in a large measuring cup) mix in the yogurt and almond milk. Add in the baking soda and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough is formed. If the mixture is too dry, add a little bit of almond milk – a spoonful at a time until you get the dough into a rolling consistency. Knead dough 2 or 3 times.
5. Turn out dough into a lightly floured surface and roll it out to about a 3/4″ thickness and cut biscuits. I don’t have a rolling pin in my new home, so I just extended my dough. It is easy to handle. I also just used a drinking glass to cut out my circles. I dont have a biscuit cutter.
6. Bake in a cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes at 425F. Enjoy!!
My biscuits came out a little smallish so I was able to get 15 of them out of the dough. I imagine you should be able to get 8-10 regular sized biscuits if you follow this recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you’re having a great week!! If you try out this recipe, let me know.